I know it's been forever. But my kid's have been transitioning right before my eyes this past few months. So I've been hanging out with them. Um. . . on Facebook
For example, my eldest just had her last day of school yesterday. Today was her first day as an official citizen. She walks the stage into reality on Sunday. It all went so fast. There was so much I forgot to teach her. Or couldn't find the time. Or didn't want to interrupt
her when she was being so dang cute.
But then she posted this, and it did make me smile. She's quite a young woman:30 Things I Learned My Senior Year Outside Of The Classroom
1. You want something more when it is no longer available. This is especially true when it comes to McDonalds
during a lecture will get you an F on the test.
3. There's always room to improve in anything you do.
4. I am awesome. You are too. If anyone says otherwise, it's their loss.
5. Not everyone who uses the word 'love' actually knows what it means.
6. Doing "I love you" is far more powerful than saying "I love you".
7. Harboring bitterness will hurt you more than it will hurt the other person.
8. Comfort can come from the most unexpected of places.
9. The source of condemnation can be equally surprising.
10. Teddy bears make great cuddle buddies.
11. You can't please everyone. Nor should you try.
12. Nothing gold can stay, but that's no reason not to enjoy it while it's there.
13. Burning photos only makes you feel worse.
14. Never give up on the one you love.
15. Adobe Photoshop
is amazing in every sense of the word.
16. Standing up and being yourself will make you lose people.
17. It will also bring you to a place of joy and acceptance you never thought existed.
18. You should never get angry at someone for what they think or feel. Thoughts and emotions can not be controlled. It's what one does with these that shows ones true character.
19. If you're the first one to do something, you're not crazy. You're opening the door for others who were too scared to do it before you.
20. Music can save lives.
21. Don't date someone to change them. You can't heal someone who doesn't want to be healed.
22. Nothing worth having is easy to get.
23. Parents can be your best friends.
24. If you ever look into the mirror and think "I'm ugly", you're wrong.
25. Prayer is the most powerful weapon you will ever have.
26. God is the only one who can ever give unconditional love.
27. Going to a psychiatrist is not something to be ashamed of. Everyone needs help sometimes.
28. The last year of high school goes by in a flash. Except the last four weeks. Those take forever.
29. You can't be every one's
best friend. Cherish it when you are, and enjoy the company of everyone else regardless.
30. If God brings you too it, no matter how dark and scary and hopeless it seems, He'll get you through it. You just have to listen.